Community
Forma Forum
Welcome to the Forma Community. Give feedback, report bugs, and tell us your ideas about Autodesk Forma
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Student license

14 REPLIES 14
SOLVED
Message 1 of 15
gemmacorfield95
1848 Views, 14 Replies

Student license

Hi, 

I am a 3rd year architecture student, based in the UK. How can I get access to Autodesk Forma for a longer period of time? I will need it from March-June....

Thank you!

Note: this post was revised after the rebranding from Spacemaker Next-gen to Autodesk Forma

14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15

Hi,
Thank you for reaching out. Our team are working on a solution for student subscriptions, but unfortunately it is not available yet. I suggest you sign up for a 30 day free trial in the meantime. Please also check out this post to stay up to date on Spacemaker, and for the future news regarding the student subscription

Good luck with your studies! 
Marthe

Message 3 of 15

Hello Marthe, I am 5th Year architecture student from India. I am currently working on my Thesis project and wish to use Spacemaker till May 2023. I can access other Autodesk products for free till my student Id is valid (which is May 2023) but Spacemaker has no student option. Is there any way I can access it till may? I am currently on the trial version. I would be really glad if you could help me out please.

Message 4 of 15

Hi!
Please DM me with your email and lets continue to conversation!
Marthe
Message 5 of 15

This is my email I’d. shubhamsingh.barch18@sushantuniversity.edu.in
Message 6 of 15
s12154361
in reply to: marthe.brondbo

Hi, 

Any updates on the student version? 

Message 7 of 15
diana_enab
in reply to: marthe.brondbo

Greetings, 

I would be glad if I could have access for a longer time too! I am currently working on my master's degree thesis, and I would like to extend the trial period using my student account.  Can you contact me too please at diana.enab@najah.edu 

Thank you,

Message 8 of 15

Hi @s12154361 and @diana_enab,

Could you please send me proof of student status to daniel.gameiro@autodesk.com?
I will fix it for you.

Best regards,
Daniel

Message 9 of 15

Autodesk Forma is available for free to Students and educators. Get your one-year educational access to Autodesk products and services, renewable as long as you remain eligible: https://www.autodesk.com/education/edu-software/overview?sorting=featured&filters=individual

Message 10 of 15

Hi, 

I am a 3rd year architecture student, based in the Bangladesh. How can I get access to Autodesk Forma for a longer period of time? If I get It from January 2024, It will be help full to me..
Thank you!

Message 11 of 15
nicanci_7
in reply to: gemmacorfield95

🙃

Message 12 of 15

Is it possible to get a student subscribtion to Forma during the trial version? I couldn't start using it without starting the trial of 30 days. Do I need to wait till the trial is passed? or is it possible to have a student acces during the trial?

Message 13 of 15

Hi @nicanci_7. The short answer is no, you can only have one active license at a time.

The slightly longer is that if you applied for student access using the link above, you will have received a student license. It can take anywhere from a few minutes to a couple of hours to become active though, which may be why you experienced Forma as requiring a trial as well even though they are separate. Your student license will provide full access and will kick in once your trial expires. 
Hope this helps 🙂 

Message 14 of 15

Greetings, dear @marthe.brondbo; I am wondering if there is any license package for Expert Elite for Forma? as I have 125 for Revit and Generative Design. I need it to be used for educational purposes in our department of architecture. 

Many thanks in advance.

Firas Noori

Message 15 of 15

Hi! And so sorry for the late reply! YES, we do have licenses for education (and Expert Elite). For your purpose it sounds like the education license is the correct one! You should be able to activate it in the same manner as with Revit here: https://www.autodesk.com/education/edu-software/overview?sorting=featured&filters=individual (listed under Autodesk Forma). Let us know if you experience any issues - and would love to hear your experience when ready.
Marthe

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums