Flame Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Flame Family (Flame, Flare, Flame Assist, Lustre) Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Flame topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Running Degraded and Sync Toggle questions

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
tbdpost
270 Views, 2 Replies

Running Degraded and Sync Toggle questions

Hi all,

I have two possibly quick questions. Firstly, we are looking to upgrade to 2018, and (like usual with every update) if we run 2017.1.1 we'll get the "Run Degraded or Restart" dialogue box . I have always been curious as to what actually is happening with the background services when you run degraded? What is the benefit of restarting vs. just running degraded.

and second question, purely out of curiosity, does anyone know what the toggle sync arrow, between the lock and the P/S switch, does? What is it syncing?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
joelosis
in reply to: tbdpost

first off for restart or run degraded

im not sure what is going on in the background but i always restart the service as it forces it to match ur current version (i may be wrong)

as for the sync guy between the lock and the P/S switch, for me my use case with it is say i want to ripple something in a multi layer timeline with lots of video and audio i shift click that guy and then all tracks will participate in my ripple (i may be wrong again)

hope that makes sense

Message 3 of 3
tbdpost
in reply to: joelosis

Thanks for the quick reply Joel.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report