Flame Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Flame Family (Flame, Flare, Flame Assist, Lustre) Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Flame topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Match move tracking

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
jbodnar
351 Views, 1 Reply

Match move tracking

This a question one our flame artists is asking about.

We have a shot that requires a match move. It's a shot of a guy laying on the ground, he's being shaken by a woman trying to revive him, and we need to add blood to his chest. A vendor has provided us with a camera track and an object geometry. The camera came as an .fbx file and the geometry an .abc, both of which we are able to import. The geometry appears to track well with the shot. I should note that both the camera and the geometry have separate tracking data - the camera is tracking the scene while the geometry is tracking the finer movements of his chest as he is being shaken. (I should also note that the geometry has no keyframes - the movement data appears to be baked in to the geometry). At this point I would like to project an image onto the geometry. However, when I apply the projection it only follows the camera track. We've been unable to get an image to stick to the geometry. What do we need to do to get the image to stick to it?

Labels (1)
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
ManChicken
in reply to: jbodnar

I believe this applies to your case: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5N4CYUXD5c 

Basically you need to set a UV reference. See around 5:00 in.

However I'm not positive if this works with your particular animated geometry...

Bob Maple | idolum

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report