Flame Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Flame Family (Flame, Flare, Flame Assist, Lustre) Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Flame topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Important/ Necessary Specs for Flame on a Macbook Pro

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
804 Views, 3 Replies

Important/ Necessary Specs for Flame on a Macbook Pro

Thanks for Help!

What are the specs I should be prioritising for a new Macbook Pro to run Flame (and resolve) as well as possible. I am a working towards a junior Online/ finishing position.

I have access to more powerful machines at work but my current set up at home doesn't allow a desktop setup and I need to learn at home as well. I have a budget of around 4k (AUD). 

Thanks,

Labels (4)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
jeffrey.ramirez
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi ajameswarren,

Autodesk recommends the Macbook Pro model and specs specified in Flame System Requirements.  I think the Macbook Pro 16" in there should be around/slightly above your budget but this should give you the expected performance for Flame.

Regards,

Jeff

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

Hi,

I just picked up one of the new 16" MBPros and Flame is running DELICIOUSLY on it. I got the 2.3GHz i9, 64GB RAM and the 5600M GPU. FWIW, my "work" flame is a Z8 with a P6000 and 192GB RAM, and it's clearly faster than the MBP. But for the money and the portability I am completely floored with what this laptop can do.

Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

Thanks for the info!

I have been thinking about saving a bit more and trying to go a bit higher spec; 5600m over 5500m and 64gb ram over 16gb ram. 

I have not seen a lot of discussion on this, but is it worth waiting until the ARM processors land later this year? Even so I wouldn't imagine it would be smart to try and jump on  the new processors in the first generation. Would there be a number of compatibility issues between flame and the new processors? Performance sacrifices for compatibility? 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report