Flame Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Flame Family (Flame, Flare, Flame Assist, Lustre) Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Flame topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create Batch group

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
marcusK6R84
388 Views, 1 Reply

Create Batch group

Hi!

When you create a Batch group, you can choose where you want them, either desktop, libraries or shared libraries.

When in desktop, they work as I intend them to, enter the batch of the clip, do my compositing, press render and the clip in timeline automatic change to the rendered one (smart replace).

But that does not seem to be the case if you choose libraries or shared libraries. My question is;

What is the workflow if you choose to create batch group in libraries? Is it possible to have the render automatic replace the clip in my desktop timeline?

Thanks in advance.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
fred.warren
in reply to: marcusK6R84

Hello @marcusK6R84,

Batch Groups can be located in the Desktop, Libraries and Shared Libraries but can only be edited when they are on the Desktop. To edit a Batch Group that is located in a Library / Shared Library you need to first load it to the Desktop and then save it back to its original location when you are done.

This workflow is mainly useful when you want to either work with a Desktop that only contains a single Batch Group at once or put them in a Shared Library so they can be distributed amongst multiple users.

Please accept this as a solution if you feel your question has been answered.

fred

Frédéric Warren
User Experience Designer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report