Flame Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Flame Family (Flame, Flare, Flame Assist, Lustre) Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Flame topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't get a valid Mac License-Please help!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
jblooo
405 Views, 3 Replies

Can't get a valid Mac License-Please help!

We are running Flame on Mac 2017 and need to stay on 2017. In the past Autodesk has emailed us a new license to be installed on the system. No problem.

We renewed our contract last week but I have not been able to contact anyone who can help. Licensing sent a link and a video of how it is all automated now. But that was to download and install some old versions (not 2017). We just need a license.

We've been trying for a week. It's gotten so bad the last chat I had with Autodesk they flat out denied that Flame ever existed before 2018. This has me worried. I assume I was talking with a generic Autodesk licensing person and not necessarily Flame.

Our Flame has been dead for a while and have already lost one job.

Can anyone offer a suggestion? Thanks for any help.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
yann.laforest
in reply to: jblooo

Hi @jblooo,

It is not common practice to discuss customer cases on a public forum.  

However, the information you got from the Autodesk representative can be clarified thought. 

Customers with an active subscription or maintenance of the Flame products listed below are eligible to download and use three previous releases* of Autodesk software.

The subscription or maintenance plan gives you access to the current version (2021) and the three previous major versions (2020, 2019, and 2019).

That is the reason why you cannot get any 2017 licenses after your contract renewal.

As a side note, projects created in 2017 (or in an earlier version) can be safely converted to Flame 2018 and up.

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/customer-service/account-management/users-software/previous-versions/...

Please, let us know if you have any questions,

Regards,

Yann

Yann Laforest

Program Manager Data Analytics - Autodesk EMS
10 rue Duke Street
Montréal (Québec) Canada H3C 2L7
Message 3 of 4
jblooo
in reply to: yann.laforest

Yann,

Thank you for the speedy reply. I agree about not posting some issues on the forum, but sometimes when the support process seems unproductive, a fellow user can provide insight. It's been a week. Hopefully we'll get an official answer soon.

The email I got from Autodesk upon renewal stated we had the ability to license the software back to 2016. Hence my confusion. Then being told Flame didn't exist before 2018 really threw me for a loop and I assumed it's just a hiccup in the auto renewal setup.

Thank you for the feed back on the compatibility. That is very helpful. We have long standing clients and we often need to access files from before 2009 (linux). 

Message 4 of 4
yann.laforest
in reply to: jblooo

Hi @jblooo,

As a side note, the confusion likely comes from the fact that Flame uses a different licensing mechanism since the 2018 version.

I assume that the Autodesk representative you talked to thought that there was no Flame version available before 2018 because of it.

Regards,

Yann

Yann Laforest

Program Manager Data Analytics - Autodesk EMS
10 rue Duke Street
Montréal (Québec) Canada H3C 2L7

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report