Community
FeatureCAM Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s FeatureCAM Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular FeatureCAM topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extracting a Woodruff Key slot from a solidworks model

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
526 Views, 3 Replies

Extracting a Woodruff Key slot from a solidworks model

Hello all,

We have a shaft with a woodruff key slot.  We're actually using Partmaker SwissCAM 2018, but as it was acquired by Autodesk, and there's no official area for that program we're posting here.  Basically we're designing on Solidworks 2010, then importing the SLDWRK file into Partmaker.  We have a woodruff key on the shaft and we're trying to extract the toolpath in Partmaker.  Obviously programming it by hand isn't a big deal but we have the program so might as well try to learn how to do it within the software.  Any help would be appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
phil.jenningsM7ZMZ
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi totheprint,

can you send me your files, i will need to know were on the part the woodruff keyslot is.

that will determine what face window you should be working in.

please send your files to support@partmaker.com

at the top of the screen in partmaker there is a blue telephone icon, use this utility to gather all files.

it will zip them up and then you can send them to the email address listed 

or 

you can go to your autodesk account and add the tech support request there.

pull up your accounts.autodesk.com page and in the upper right corner you can view or add tech cases.

thanks , phil

Philip Jennings

Technical Support Team Leader

Message 3 of 4

just saw the PNG, but i will still need your files so i can process toolpath and get it back to you.

Philip Jennings

Technical Support Team Leader

Message 4 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: phil.jenningsM7ZMZ

Hey Phil, just emailed support@partmaker the zip files.  Thanks.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report