Community
FBX Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s FBX Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular FBX topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FBX animation Jitter

27 REPLIES 27
Message 1 of 28
tnkVS
8957 Views, 27 Replies

FBX animation Jitter

Hi

I'm having an issue with jittering animation on a number of FBX files I've exported. I have seen the issue mentioned on these forums before but I haven't managed to find a solution for it posted.

Basically I am exporting an animation from 3ds max character studio that somehow inherits a jitter on the characters arm when it is exported as an FBX.

The jitter is not present in the max file but will appear on the Exported FBX when imported back into Max.

I have attached the max file. If you export an FBX, hen import the animation back into a max scene you'll observe that the right arms is now shaking. 

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated : ]

T

27 REPLIES 27
Message 21 of 28
km
Participant
in reply to: matthew.d

any chance for Autodesk Maya ?

i am exporting maya to fbx animation file.  Thigh and Knee Joints more jitters.

Message 22 of 28
Anonymous
in reply to: km

Not sure if that would work in Maya,

but in 3ds Max (2017 at least, biped animated characters) solution is -

if you have some keyframes before 0 frame,

extend timeline so it would include them also,

then export including negative frames and crop animation in import settings of Unity.

Then jitter should be gone.

Update - worked once, but didn't with very same conditions from very same file another time.

Very strange.

Message 23 of 28
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Update:

my characters were Link constrained to a camera,

which was moving along the path, and I think that caused the jitter.

As I collapsed all camera transformations with this script

http://www.breidt.net/scripts/index.html#mbCollapse MB Collapse v0.3

jitter was gone.

Message 24 of 28
Anonymous

Up-update:

the jitter is caused by rotation keys of biped root bone, which is inside pelvis.

As I removed rotation - jitter is now definitely gone.

And I rotate my character by animating rotation of a dummy object as it is linked to and which is link constrained to a

path followed camera.

Message 25 of 28
Anonymous

Apparently none of above is correct in my case.

I had a plane style characters first, planes with textures, which were placeholders,

and then modeled 3d characters at the same place and was animating them,

but those planes were also exported, and I just switched mesh renderers for them in Unity.planes.png

And as I exported without those planes, no jitter appears now.

Message 26 of 28
Anonymous

Aaaand nope. Second time exporting those characters same way is with jitter again.

Totally crazy case.

Message 27 of 28
alexruas.ruas
in reply to: tnkVS

So, iv been breaking my head for the last 3 days trying to figure this out. My FBX was not just jittering/shaking, the arm of my model would do a 280° spin and back in a specific point. YES, iv tried every thing seen on forums, and my original animation was completely free of this problem.

Im not sure, but it seams FBX cant evaluate correctly Scale and or Translation in some controls, mostly those who supposed to be FK, so make sure that your controls are free from this transforms, and perform a small test.

That was the only thing that did the fix for me.

Message 28 of 28
Anonymous
in reply to: alexruas.ruas

I am also losing time trying to figure this problem out.

I have an animation created with CatMotion that I want to export to Unreal Engine.

Earlier, when I would export, I would get this message;

One or more objects in the scene has local axes that are not perpendicular to each other (non-orthogonal). The FBX plug-in only supports orthogonal (or perpendicular) axes and will not correctly import or export any transformations that involve non-perpendicular local axes.

I had to adjust the Cat rig- which eliminated the warning, but the imported FBX animation still has a "jittering" problem.

Has anyone found a solution to this?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report