cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overlay DWG

Overlay DWG

Hello Autodesk!

This is more an improvement than an idea.
According to my modeling the DWG overlay is projected different.
In the image it is possible to verify that an overlay is in the correct plane, and other in the middle of the asset.

Capturar.PNG
In this case the heigth control to assets number 2 is not necessary because the asset 1 is created to control of the height of the equipment. Actually it is necessary to control this parameter in all assets to position the landing surface inside the asset in the same place of the others.
This happens, in my opinion, because the overlay is positioned in the landing surface inside of the asset.

My improve suggestion is to the process of the creation of the overlay consider only the landing surface (plane) of the layout (assembly) and not the one that is inside of the assets.

2 Comments
XuesongBai
Alumni
Status changed to: Gathering Support

hi there,

Thank your for posting the great idea.

The current behavior for the 2d DWG overlay of factory asset is below.

1. if have landing surface and parallel to floor, the 2D DWG overlay is on the landing surface inside of asset
  2. if have landing surface and not parallel to floor,the 2D DWG overlay is on plane inside of asset which is parallel with floor
  3. if not have landing surface, the 2D DWG overlay is on plane inside of asset which is parallel with floor

Thanks,

-Xuesong

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Have you tried converting these into another format to see if it renders the points you are looking for? Such as CAD converter, you can check it out here: https://www.coolutils.com/TotalCADConverter

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report