cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Request: improve "update assets" command under Factory+VAULT scenario

Request: improve "update assets" command under Factory+VAULT scenario

Scenario:

Inventor Factory Assets + Client Vault Professional.

Vault Professional configured to handle Factory Assets.

User one (U1 for short) create a Factory Layout. Un assets named "assets_A" in used into the layout and it has been taken from those previously "Vaulted".

Then U1 checks in the layout naming it "layout_test".

Once U1 completed all the operations then user two (U2 for short) opens the master model that originated "assets_A" and then OVER_pubblish (same name, same destination, everything into Vault)

Once U2 completed all the operations U1 retrive (check out again i mean) "layout_test" and try to perform "update assets" (Factory Ribbon, update assets icon).

Update of "assets_A" DOES NOT OCCUR. (which is obviously NOT correct)

U2 should (better: MUST) perform the following steps

1)click REFRESH (into "assets browser" browser)

2)right click on Vault icon (into "assets browser" browser) and update assets (or download as well to check for new ones)

3)click AGAIN REFRESH (which is not an intuitive step)

4)finally go for update assets (Factory Ribbon)

IF the double refresh is not performed, new assets, updates, are NOT DETECTED at all. This workflow is weak and tricky. Even with one user operating with Vault as to follows these steps

Please, FIX IT. Update Assets (Factory Ribbon) should perform all this steps at once and SEAMLESSY.

3 Comments
XuesongBai
Alumni
Status changed to: Gathering Support

Hi a

XuesongBai
Alumni
Status changed to: Accepted

hi Andrea,

Thank you again for the great idea to us. And Your idea has been accepted and is being tracked in FDS-12791. We will consider improving the user experience in the near future. I will post the status of this issue when I move forward.

Thanks,

-Xuesong

XuesongBai
Alumni
Status changed to: Implemented

Just update the status for this idea. We have already made the enhancement in the near future release. The details information will be coming soon.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report