cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Better handling of point clouds in Inventor.

Better handling of point clouds in Inventor.

Point clouds are heavy in Inventor.  They are currently cumbersome to deal with.

SYNC

I spend sometimes 15 minutes waiting for a sync.  As far as I can tell, Inventor is sending the point cloud back to AutoCAD (or to Navisworks) every time - or vice versa if it is coming from AutoCAD.  If the point cloud did not change - ie reposition, etc -  LEAVE IT ALONE.  Don't sync it.

General working with pointcloud in session

We need the ability to have pointclouds behave as just client graphics also.  I don't always want to snap to stuff in the point cloud.  Many times I want just visual reference.  As it is now, performance goes to a crawl if a point cloud of any size is added.  Simple tasks such as placing assets or moving them is painful - almost unusable. 

I'd like a mode that allows me to "lightweight" the point cloud - have it be graphics only.  Having it recognize the state of view representation in ReCAP saved state would be desirable - and then display the PC in Inventor in a lightweight state that I can't snap to, etc - just a view state.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report