cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add the possibility to make Factory Assets adaptive

Add the possibility to make Factory Assets adaptive

Let's say I have a conveyor that consists of 5 assets. 

1. Start Section

2. Straight Section

3. 90 degree Bend Section

4. Straight Section

5. End Section

I have started at the correct position, but obviously the End Section is not at the correct location and needs to be moved:

2023-03-09 15_04_10-Window.png

I know that I can change the length of Straight Section 4, but that is not a very user friendly method (I need to measure the required additional length and add it to the length that this straight section already has.

What I want to be able to do is to use the reposition tool to move the End Section (5) to the correct location, which then automatically updates the length of the Straight Section (4). Just like with an adaptive part.

This would save a lot of work and would improve the user friendliness massively!

Of course this is a simple example, but our lay-outs are very big and complex. During the design phase these conveyors need to be changed a lot because of repositioning other machines. The fact that we can't use adaptive assets right now is blocking us from making the transition from 2D to 3D.

We really need a more flexible solution when it comes to designing conveyors. Adaptive assets could be our solution. 

4 Comments
kalle.tuinhout
Explorer

This would be really great and beneficial also for other challenges (!)

Robert.CabreraTYJLH
Community Visitor

great idea!

Would make my life considerably easier!

marco.teeuwenEEWUN
Community Visitor

Makes me wonder why it is not already available..😍

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report