Factory Design Utilities Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Factory Design Utilities Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Factory Design Utilities topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I use the Desktop Subscription on Multiple Computers?

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
2612 Views, 5 Replies

Can I use the Desktop Subscription on Multiple Computers?

First question: Can I install the desktop subscription on multiple computers

Second question: If I have the Autocad 2015 Desktop Subscription, can two people use it on different computers at the same time?

Third question: If I get the Building Design Suite (includes Revit, Cad, and Max), can one person use Max and another Revit, etc at the same time?

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
matthew.d
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous,

Welcome to the community!

Yes you can install your desktop subscription on multiple computers, however subscription cannot be used concurrently on different computers. An entire suite is considered one license, therefore separate programs contained within a suite cannot be used concurrently. You could get the subscription for each of the products individually though.

If your workflow requires users over different machines, you should also consider a Network licensing model.

This lets you install the suite on multiple machines, or parts of the suite, and will only use a license when you access a program on a terminal. You will still need multiple licenses if you want to use multiple machines at the same time, but allows you flexibility over multiple machines.

Matt DiMichele
Autodesk Product Blogs | @ADSKCommunity Twitter

Likes are greatly appreciated. Everyone enjoys a thumbs up!

Please Accept As Solution if this resolves your issue, to help others benefit and locate it.
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: matthew.d

If I initially installed Revit LT (Desktop Version) on an HP with Windows can I still also install it on a MAC which is my desktop at home?

Message 4 of 6
matthew.d

Hi @Anonymous,

Yes, but you are going to have to run Revit LT through Boot Camp on Mac.

Matt DiMichele
Autodesk Product Blogs | @ADSKCommunity Twitter

Likes are greatly appreciated. Everyone enjoys a thumbs up!

Please Accept As Solution if this resolves your issue, to help others benefit and locate it.
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: matthew.d

Ok. So, is Bootcamp something that I have to install as well?

Message 6 of 6
lynn_zhang

Hi @Anonymous

Yes you need to have Boot Camp on your Mac to run Windows-based software. See Apple® Boot Camp Support for Autodesk® Revit® Products.

Also check below links for instructions:

How to install Windows using Boot Camp
How to Install Boot Camp and Run Windows on Your Mac

Lynn Zhang
Community Manager

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report