cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Let us know what content you need?

Let us know what content you need?

Whilst Autodesk provide building product manufactures’ content out-of-the-box, we know you need more? Let us know which manufacturers and which product lines you require?

10 Comments
cadbob
Advocate

Great Idea Steve, and these will be posted on Seek at no extra Charge, and the ability to unlock Versioning?

There is a large following of user who opposed the idea of the selling of Items from a certain distributor.

Anonymous
Not applicable

We really need this. 

Some metric inch data would be very much appreciated.    Canada uses metric information but uses the same pipe as the US. For all I know this could be the same as the rest of the world as well.

The current item vendor does not provide metric inch even though the salesman said that it was definitely in the pipe line in 2010. Funny that eh?     Anyway, the upshot is that anyone needing to do a job in metic in North America has no data.

Finally, it needs to be unlocked as well.

KennethSchwind9483
Contributor

Would like to see Product ID unlocked and returned to user defined status.

Need stainless steel pipe content - dwv & pressure systems with the various connections available (bw, sw, flanged, threaded, etc 

Anonymous
Not applicable

All the major plastic, steel and copper suppliers for a start would be great.

DTND
Enthusiast
  1. Mirconair Dust Extractors http://www.micronair.com.au/  or any other major or generic dust extractor suppliers.
  2.  Flexistrut steel brackets/components  http://www.flexistrut.com.au/
cadbob
Advocate

Steven is this site de-activated?

http://building3dcontent.com/

Anonymous
Not applicable

What really needs to happen is to decouple Content from the Database.  It's too tightly tied together.

I can't just import content from others into my DB without bringing in a mess of other stuff, often duplicate things I already have just because the name is different.

Build all you want but I can't easily consume it without horking up my DB with extra information creating needless infobesity. If I throw mine away and use Autodesk's, unless they have EVERYTHING I need, I still need to build more, then later, I'm in the same boat, can't use Autodesk's new stuff without potential duplication of materials, connectivity, etc for things I've built but didn't know what Autodesk's future naming strategy was.

Perhaps something like a "Standards Checker Wizard" for Content that would allow me to import content into my DC but map someone else's content properties to the proper definitions in my DB.

Not an easy issue.

Also, connectivity may or may not coincide w/connectivity used in my DB.  Connectivty should be overhauled as well.  Connectivity should be automatic (other non-adsk products do this and do it well) for any material connecting to like materials. e.g. Soldered Copper should know how to connect to Soldered Copper, Vic Grooved should know how to connect to Vic Grooved, etc.

The ONLY thing you should have to define with regard to connectivity is user preferences about how to bridge between material types....how you want to go from Copper to carbon steel, etc.

bknapton
Enthusiast

I looked at the list and noticed these are mising,

• Cerro Copper pipe
  • Dresser couplings
  • Flexitaulic gaskets
  • Watts valves
  • Victaulic
  • FDI valves
  • Bell & Gossett
  • Cla-Val valves
  • Hammoond valves
  • Homestead Valves
  • Keckley strainers
  • Taco
  • LinkSeal
  • Anaco-Husky
  • HoldRite
Jacob_United
Advocate

Give us the means to make our own content! 

aaron.tw
Alumni
Status changed to: Gathering Support

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report