Fabrication CADmep Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Fabrication CADmep Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Fabrication CADmep topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Camduct 2021 parts burned inside out

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
steveX7PZU
318 Views, 4 Replies

Camduct 2021 parts burned inside out

In CamDuct 2021, When it burns rectangular fittings with a double offset, the parts are being nested inside out. How can I fix this?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
steveX7PZU
in reply to: steveX7PZU

Screenshot 2021-12-17 063932.pngScreenshot 2021-12-17 065022.png

Message 3 of 5
steveX7PZU

Let me add a little more context so someone may be able to help me out.

The CAMduct photo shows what it should look like when it is assembled.

The CAD photo shows the pieces from the nests after DXFing them out to CAD.

Two of the items will have the side facing you to the outside. These two items are the TOP and BOTTOM of the fitting.

The left and right side according to the CAD will have to have the smoke side to the outside to make the offset go the correct way. This is unacceptable for us as we always need the smoke side to go to the inside of the fitting.

Is there a setting or default that we can change so that the nesting always has the inside burned down, so that when assembled the smoke side is to the inside?

Message 4 of 5
steveX7PZU

I have come across further proof that CAM-DUCT is burning the fittings inside out.

The photo of the profile shows that there will only be one bend on the one side of the fitting.

Knowing that the clean side (non smoke side) needs to go to the outside, I know that that bend will need to be an up break.

However on the development view it says to break down. Solidifying that the parts are being burned inside out.

Knowing this I can adjust, but I would feel safer if I could change some setting to get it to nest the parts the correct way, especially if we need to train someone to do this job.

I see there are no responses to this yet, so I have to assume that either everyone already knows this and I am being a noob, or no one knows how to fix this. Either way if it can be fixed I would be greatly appreciative of any help.

develope.pngprofile.png

Message 5 of 5
LanceTSM

The control for this is found under "Database - Fittings -Pattern Switches - Developments - Parts Labels On Inside"

For the way you want it, make sure this option is not ticked. (Therefore = Parts Labels on Outside is set)

This will then develop patterns so the outside of all fittings is the top side of the sheet on the cutting table.

When you look at the developments you will be looking at the outside on all parts.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report