Education Installation, Licensing & Administration Forum
Autodeskā€™s dedicated forum for Education Installation, Licensing & Administration. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular topics about installing Autodesk products in your educational institution, including Fusion 360 Teams.
cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Moving to new license server

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
mikestacey1951
200 Views, 5 Replies

Moving to new license server

Hello.  We are moving to a new license server.  If I generate a new network license file will it impact the license on our current server?  It would be the same serial numbers on two different hostnames/MAC address.  We just want a couple weeks to transition.

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Hi @mikestacey1951,

I've reached out to the team internally to double-check,

I'll let you know when I receive an update,

Please 'Like' posts that are helpful. If a post answers your question then feel free to click the 'Mark as Solution'

Leo Warren
Community Manager - Students & Educators
Are you a student? Come join our Student & Educator Community! | Education Knowledge Base | Rules and Etiquette

Message 3 of 6

Thanks @LeoWarren-EDU.  Has there been any internal discussion on this?

Message 4 of 6

Hi @mikestacey1951,

Unfortunately not, I've asked further around this time and I'm awaiting a response,

All the best,

Please 'Like' posts that are helpful. If a post answers your question then feel free to click the 'Mark as Solution'

Leo Warren
Are you a student? Come join our Student & Educator Community! | Education Knowledge Base | Rules and Etiquette

Message 5 of 6

Hi @mikestacey1951,

Good News - Generating a new license file will not impact the existing license file; please see this article for the steps to replace the license file.

Leo Warren

Message 6 of 6

Excellent. Thanks @LeoWarren-EDU 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums