Education Installation, Licensing & Administration Forum
Autodesk’s dedicated forum for Education Installation, Licensing & Administration. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular topics about installing Autodesk products in your educational institution, including Fusion 360 Teams.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Folder Permissions

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
kpascualMK8J2
1903 Views, 4 Replies

Folder Permissions

Hello! I watched a webinar a few weeks ago that talked about Folder Permissions in Fusion Team, but I can't seem to figure out why I don't have it available. I've already reviewed the following two links, but I do not have "Folder Permissions" in the middle panel like the tutorial examples (shown in the attached screen shot). Can someone please help me figure out what's wrong?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
dan.banach
in reply to: kpascualMK8J2

Hi,

Folder-Level Permissions are being turned on for Autodesk Education accounts in batches, and the goal is to have them all turned on the week of Feb. 6. If you need it turned on faster, please fill out this form 

Once it is turned on, you can follow these steps to create a Folder-Level Permission project.

1. For Fusion Folder Permission to be reflected in Fusion 360; ensure Fusion 360 for you, your students, and lab computers are on version 2.0.11894 or newer.
  2. For Autodesk Education accounts, Folder-Level Permission will be the default project type. While in Fusion 360’s Data Panel, hover the cursor over the New Project button and the tooltip should state Folder-Level Permission.

danbanach_0-1644006612652.png

1. Create folders in Fusion 360 or on Fusion Team.
  2. Add members and control their roles on Fusion Team.

Note: Currently you CAN’T convert an existing project to a Folder-Level project. A Folder-Level project must be created from scratch.

Dan Banach
Sr. Technical Manager & Community Manager

If my post resolves your issue, please click the Accept Solution button.
Message 3 of 5
benton81
in reply to: dan.banach

I believe I've followed the correct steps to create a folder-level project in my team. I see the project in Fusion Team, but not in Fusion 360 itself. I'm an admin on the project. I'm sure I'm missing something, but what? I've invited several students to the project as read-only and they can see and use the project files.

Screen in Fusion TeamScreen in Fusion TeamAs it shows in Fusion 360As it shows in Fusion 360

Message 4 of 5
dan.banach
in reply to: kpascualMK8J2

Hi benton81,
In Fusion 360's Data Panel, when you create a new Project, does the tooltip say ""Create Folder-Level Project"? If not, you're access may not be turned on yet. We're in the process of turning this functionality on for all Autodesk Education accounts. 

-Dan

danbanach_0-1644353825321.png

Dan Banach
Sr. Technical Manager & Community Manager

If my post resolves your issue, please click the Accept Solution button.
Message 5 of 5
benton81
in reply to: dan.banach

That was it - the New Project button in Fusion only allows "Closed Project". I created the folder-level project in Fusion Team. Thanks!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums