Education Installation, Licensing & Administration Forum
Autodesk’s dedicated forum for Education Installation, Licensing & Administration. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular topics about installing Autodesk products in your educational institution, including Fusion 360 Teams.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed to activate student license

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
charlotte_pr
461 Views, 7 Replies

Failed to activate student license

Steps to reproduce
When trying to activate my student license, the website reports a system error. I have tried to reach the activation website from several browsers and entry points (product description, education information website), but it always logs me out or reports a system error.

Expected results
Reach the website to activate and validate my student license account.

Actual results
stay on website with error bar showing up or being logged out.

URL where issue occurs
https://www.autodesk.de/education/edu-software/overview?sorting=featured&filters=individual

Browser
Safari

OS
Mac

Attachment

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

@charlotte_pr,

1. Try using another Browser

2. Try creating a new account.

Thanks and Regards,

Rushabh Thakkar.

Please use the Accept Solution button to mark any posts that provide the answer or solution. 

Likes are always welcome.

LinkedIn | Instagram | Facebook.      

Message 3 of 8

@charlotte_pr, Also is your eligibility confirmed..? And you are trying to download the software..? If so, you can do it using Autodesk- AVA. 

If you are trying to confirm your eligibility and none of the above solutions work, contact Educational Support. 

Thanks and Regards,

Rushabh Thakkar.

Please use the Accept Solution button to mark any posts that provide the answer or solution. 

Likes are always welcome.

LinkedIn | Instagram | Facebook.      

Message 4 of 8

Hi @charlotte_pr,

Please reach out to our Education Support Team, who can look into your account. We are aware of the issue, and our team is working on fixing the problem.

https://www.autodesk.co.uk/support/contact-support 

Please 'Like' posts that are helpful. If a post answers your question then feel free to click the 'Mark as Solution'

Leo Warren
Community Manager - Students & Educators
Are you a student? Come join our Student & Educator Community! | Education Knowledge Base | Rules and Etiquette

Message 5 of 8
dlancev
in reply to: LeoWarren-EDU

This is not a solution. I have been reaching out to them for over three weeks. I teach how to use Fusion and I cannot use Fusion. I am entering the third week and I am without Fusion. Additionally, I started a case with them. And they have never responded since it was escalated to EDU support. I have sent 6 email. So when I read your "Solution" it seems like it is just kicking it into someone else's corner. People who depend on this software need it to work. I understand things happen. But communication is critical.

Message 6 of 8
LeoWarren-EDU
in reply to: dlancev

Hi @dlancev,

I'm currently in communication with both the education team and the education support teams with regard to this issue, and I'm pushing for a resolution. Despite what the error message shows, we're finding the problem is with accounts, which is where educational support has the tools to rectify this. 

I've also escalated your case, so education support will be in touch soon,

I hope this helps,

Please 'Like' posts that are helpful. If a post answers your question then feel free to click the 'Mark as Solution'

Leo Warren
Are you a student? Come join our Student & Educator Community! | Education Knowledge Base | Rules and Etiquette

Message 7 of 8
dlancev
in reply to: LeoWarren-EDU

Leo, thank you for actually responding. I keep reaching out to the EDU team on my existing case, and I get nothing! I mean nothing, not "thanks, we are working on it" or" we received your messages." I am three and a half weeks into the semester and am supposed to teach how to use Fusion, yet I cannot get Fusion to work. I have resorted to using student computers, but I must say, this is not a good look for Autodesk. Plus, I don't have access to any of my demo files. This type of outage is huge when it happens.

Is there any temporary workaround, like extending the expiration date of the trial software, allowing exporting, or converting to a non-edu license? Anything would be helpful. I am twisting in the wind right now. I never expected this to continue going into the 4th week. 

Message 8 of 8
LeoWarren-EDU
in reply to: dlancev

Hi @dlancev,

Unfortunately, I don't have any workarounds or temporary resolutions from the education support team. I'm meeting with the team on Thursday - if there's been no response before that meeting, I will bring it up and look at other options down the line.

All the best,

Leo Warren

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums