Education Installation, Licensing & Administration Forum
Autodesk’s dedicated forum for Education Installation, Licensing & Administration. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular topics about installing Autodesk products in your educational institution, including Fusion 360 Teams.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Education plan for personal projects

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
harlchannels
146 Views, 3 Replies

Education plan for personal projects

Hello,

Am I allowed to use Education plan for my personal projects?

And also am I use it to teach my relative how to use it ( the person is willing to use that knowledge in work in the future)?

Thank you in advance

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
mdavis22569
in reply to: harlchannels

Hi @harlchannels 

So to help answer you questions:

Am I allowed to use Education plan for my personal projects?

If you're using the for selling of something / commercial usage. No that's not allowed for educational software. You'd need a commercial version.

And also am I use it to teach my relative how to use it ( the person is willing to use that knowledge in work in the future)?

There isn't anything against teaching what you are learning.  I would make sure with the school that you're not violating any rules they might have.  However, they shouldn't be using your software. They should have their own. 

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

Message 3 of 4
harlchannels
in reply to: mdavis22569

But what about making for example new room design so I can renovate my house, or making parts for 3D printing, so I can put it as a decorative on a shelf? Is it allowed? Because it isn’t directly connected to education, but also isn’t commercial.

Thank you for your time and for help

Message 4 of 4
mdavis22569
in reply to: harlchannels

That's allowed.

I did my house in 2d, so I could lay out my furniture and gym/garage.  It was my personal use and it wasn't something I'd sell. 

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums