Education Installation, Licensing & Administration Forum
Autodesk’s dedicated forum for Education Installation, Licensing & Administration. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular topics about installing Autodesk products in your educational institution, including Fusion 360 Teams.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deploy Inventor 2023.4 Update

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
StephenATZVZ
219 Views, 2 Replies

Deploy Inventor 2023.4 Update

Hello,

I'm trying to deploy the Inventor 2023.4 update silently, but it's failing. I deployed Inventor 2023.3 (with the patch included) from a custom installation and it's working without issue but would like to be able to keep it up-to-date and deploy further patches/updates.

The knowledgebase article below seems to suggest you can deploy the product update file directly with a "/quiet" switch however this doesn't work and believe it's the cause of the issue. When I run "Inventor_2023.4_Update.exe" /quiet, it extracts the contents of the file elsewhere and then a prompt appears requesting confirmation, so it's not a silent installation. If I try to run the "setup.exe" from the extracted contents with the "/quiet" switch, the prompt still appears. Looking deeper though the extracted files there is an Inventor.2023.4.msp file, which I've no doubt I could deploy silently, but assume this would break the "installation smarts" and wouldn't be recommended.

Installation Help | Distribute product updates | Autodesk

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Stephen

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Hi @StephenATZVZ,

The article you shared is for older products - have you seen this article for the newest products?

Please feel free to reach out to me if you have any further issues or questions,

Please 'Like' posts that are helpful. If a post answers your question then feel free to click the 'Mark as Solution'

Leo Warren
Community Manager - Students & Educators
Are you a student? Come join our Student & Educator Community! | Education Knowledge Base | Rules and Etiquette

Message 3 of 3

Hi @LeoWarren-EDU,

Apologies, it's taken a while for me to test this, but you're right the new article contains the correct information.

Thanks for your help.

Stephen

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums