Education Installation, Licensing & Administration Forum
Autodesk’s dedicated forum for Education Installation, Licensing & Administration. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular topics about installing Autodesk products in your educational institution, including Fusion 360 Teams.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autodesk Fusion 360 - Expired Subscription

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
bthomp31
356 Views, 5 Replies

Autodesk Fusion 360 - Expired Subscription

Hello, @o.briggs 

I am currently having issues with my Autodesk Fusion 360 subscription. I opened a case (#21642418) with Autodesk about 9 days ago now and am still struggling to get this working. 

1. I went to (https://www.autodesk.com/support/account/education/students-educators/renew?us_oa=akn-us&us_si=a2ced...) which was provided by Autodesk support to renew my access. When I go to the link I click "Get products" then, I receive a prompt on my screen that says, "You're Confirmed! Congrats! We've confirmed that you're eligible...........". I Click Get Autodesk software then click on "Get License" I download the installer, install and login to Fusion 360 when prompted. Fusion 360 still says Expired Subscription.
  2. I've done all of the previous from different browsers, clearing caches, and using private browsers. Same issue each time. 
  3. I've Logged into my account gone to Products and Services > Active Trials > Cloud Services > and tried to Download from the "Download now" button to see if that would activate my license, but that did not work either. 
  4. I have tried uninstalling Fusion 360 (even making sure to delete any leftover files\reg keys using the Autodesk documentation) and repeating downloads/installs. 

Please let me know if I should provide any further information on the issue. 

Thank you in advance!

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
o.briggs
in reply to: bthomp31

@bthomp31 Thank you for your patience! I think I have identified the issue. 
When you completed your education verification, you selected IT Admin as your role in your institution.

With education verification, IT Admins are given the ability to assign licenses to others in the institution, and are able to install Fusion 360 across the school with a lab installation package, however IT Admins are not given a Fusion 360 license to use themselves. This will be why you are unable to activate any license, because as an IT Admin you do not get given a license. 

Only those with the student or educator account type are given a Fusion 360 license to use themselves.
Would you like me to change your account type from IT Admin to Educator so you can get a license? Please keep in mind this will remove your access to the Fusion 360 Lab installation package.

Oliver Briggs
Community Manager - Education
Are you an education user?
Check out our Students & Educators Community
Please 'Like' posts that are helpful.
If a post answers your question then feel free to click the 'Accept Solution'

Message 3 of 6
bthomp31

Hello, @o.briggs -

Yes! Please change my account to Educator so that I can get a license. I do not need access to the Fusion 360 Lab installation package. I just need to be able to use it personally.
Thank you!

Message 4 of 6
o.briggs

@bthomp31 thanks for confirming. 
I have changed your account to be an educator account. If you visit the Get Products page on the Autodesk Education website and go through the process of downloading Fusion 360 again. You can ignore the download file itself since you have already installed Fusion 360, but the process of doing this with your new educator label will assign you a Fusion 360 license to use. 

Let us know if you have any further issues!

Oliver Briggs

Message 5 of 6
bthomp31

Hello, @o.briggs -
I downloaded Fusion 360 and then launched my Fusion 360 application and I now have an educational license and everything is working properly for me now. Thank you so much for you help, I really appreciate it.

Message 6 of 6
o.briggs

@bthomp31 very glad to hear it!
Let us know if you have any further issues 🙂 

Oliver Briggs

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums