Community
EAGLE Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s EAGLE Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular EAGLE topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upload arduino program file(.hex)

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
927 Views, 5 Replies

Upload arduino program file(.hex)

Hello everyone. How upload arduino program file(.hex) on Eagle?. I am using EAGLE 9.6.2 free and  E14_Arduino_revC library.

Tags (3)
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
one-of-the-robs
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello everyone. How upload arduino program file(.hex) on Eagle?.

What do you actually expect to achieve by that?

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: one-of-the-robs

Thanks. I want to know step by step how to define the microcontroller (arduino) tasks on eagle?.

Message 4 of 6
one-of-the-robs

That doesn't actually answer my question at all.

You seem to be getting very confused about the scope of your project and/or tools. Eagle is an electronics CAD tool, for designing electronic hardware. Your hardware may contain an Arduino in one form or another, or it could be a module to plug into one. For this, you need the hardware details of the Arduino in question - the pin-out and electrical specs. You also need some idea of what your circuit is going to do with the Arduino's pins - what sort of analogue sensors you're connecting and what actuators you're driving.

Notice that at no point in the above did I say anything about "program" or "hex files" or even "microcontroller tasks". That's because the whole essence of a microcontroller is to remove the actual functional detail from the electronic circuit design, and instead to encapsulate it in a "program", which is developed independently and almost always well after all the electronics has been finalised and built. You use a completely different tool chain for that part of the project.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: one-of-the-robs

Thanks for answering me. So I was wrong to think that Eagle can be used to simulate because it is to design pcb.

Message 6 of 6
one-of-the-robs

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks for answering me. So I was wrong to think that Eagle can be used to simulate because it is to design pcb.

Eagle is primarily a PCB design tool. It has some 3D integration with Fusion360 and recent releases incorporate Spice for circuit simulation. However, circuit simulation and software simulation are two completely different beasts. If you wanted to fully simulate a complete circuit containing a microprocessor then you would need a Spice model for the processor which integrated, by some pre-defined interface technology, with a software simulator for the micro in question. I have no idea whether Spice provides such an interface or whether there exists an Arduino software simulator that would hook up to it.

I know of at least one combined simulator of that sort. There is a KDE electronics lab program that does spice-like circuit simulation and also integrates with the GPSim software simulator for PIC micros. It's not common, though.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report