Community
EAGLE Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s EAGLE Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular EAGLE topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tango PCB

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
rtsanderson
4240 Views, 10 Replies

Tango PCB

Back in the Dark Ages, my company used Tango PCB to create boards. We still have hundreds of old boards in that format. I've tried to convert them to Eagle by importing gerbers created by Tango but it doesn't work very well. Any old-timers here that may have used Tango and found a way to convert the files?

Bob Sanderson
Sr. Engineering Aide
Centroid, Inc.
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

I would not recommend trying to import gerbers. While a gerber will contain all the geometry, it won't contain any of the semantic data concerning net and component names. I don't think there's a solution for converting directly from Tango to Eagle format, but these two programs should hopefully be able to get you most of the way. The first one will convert the Tango file to the format used by the open source EDA software KiCAD. The second second one will convert a KiCAD files to Eagle's format, assuming it isn't broken. Good luck.

Tango to KiCAD converter

The Upverter Universal Format Converter

I'm a regular forum user, and not affiliated with Autodesk, but I like contributing to the forums to learn new things about Eagle. If this post answered your question, feel free to mark it as a solution. If something needs clarification, feel free to ask.
Message 3 of 11
edizontn
in reply to: rtsanderson

Maybe....

Run Tango in DosBox (Yes, It's working), and export to DXF. Next, in Eagle import from DXF.

Message 4 of 11

I managed to convert a Tango file to Kicad but the converter you suggested for converting to Eagle only works on a schematic, not a PCB. I'm looking for a PCB converter but haven't had any luck yet.

Thanks for your help.

Bob Sanderson
Sr. Engineering Aide
Centroid, Inc.
Message 5 of 11
rtsanderson
in reply to: edizontn

I been using DOSBox to work on the old files and it really does work great. I tried your method before and it did bring in the traces but not pads or vias.

Thanks for your feedback.

Bob Sanderson
Sr. Engineering Aide
Centroid, Inc.
Message 6 of 11

Hi Bob!

I still using Tango PCB. In Windows 10 64 bits, thanks DosBox.

I export layers in PostScript format. Then, i transform in PDF format using an old Adobe Acrobat3 Distiller.

Then, i import the PDF in Inkscape, for making copies, etc.

Tango PCB allow to save the PCB in text file format. I think a programmer can parse these files and converts to another format...

I try to use the Eagle autoroute but is more simple for me to make the board in Tango 🙂

Message 7 of 11
OC51

Tango PCB is now Altium Designer I would install the 30 day free trial and see if it open

the Tango native file. If it opens up correctly it might be worth getting a license to convert

all your old Tango files.

-Oscar

Message 8 of 11

I am also using Tango PCB with Dosbox. Does anyone know how to create CPL files for pick and place component placement. I know how to output text reports in Tango for component locations in x,y. But, haven't ever creates component locator files for automatic placement in manufacturing. 

Message 9 of 11
edioDP8MA

Hi, in my spare time I'm making a Tango PCB viewer, which is a gerber 274D/274X viewer as well. Tou can use it to convert tango gerber274D to gerber274x format, perhaps 274x is better accepted by other softwares.

The software is pretty much tango alike, but is still lacking lots of features, use the link bellow:

www.smak.com.br/Share/Tracer.zip

You can use another pcb.ini to match the colors you are used to.

Message 10 of 11
Margherita
in reply to: edioDP8MA

Nice idea, I'm trying to open your link, but it seems to be hanging on my side.
Message 11 of 11
edioDP8MA
in reply to: Margherita

Sorry I edited the link, but I made something wrong in the original post. the link is indeed:

www.smak.com.br/Share/Tracer.zip

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report