Community
EAGLE Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s EAGLE Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular EAGLE topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Specifying a Component as SMD or PTH to be included or omitted from PnP Centroid File

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
ShahbajDh
217 Views, 0 Replies

Specifying a Component as SMD or PTH to be included or omitted from PnP Centroid File

Hi, I've gotten a question from PCBway about missing components in the PnP centroid file and I realize that PTH components are not included when generating pick and place files through the CAM Processor. This is fine but in the case for a high power relay with non-round leads (tabs) I created the footprint with top and bottom pads and a milled slot to have a plated slot. Then the coil leads which are normal and circular have a PTH pad (see attached picture). Eagle put this in the SMD category and has it listed in the PnP which It shouldn't be as it's a through hole solder component. Is there a way to specify? Am I forced to only use SMD pads on an SMD component and PTH pads for a PTH just to accommodate this PnP file issue? How would a non circular plated slot even be made and not included in the PnP file? Assuming that I don't want to manually add and remove parts from the files myself. Trying to find a somewhat automated solution.

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report