Community
EAGLE Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s EAGLE Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular EAGLE topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Software repository

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
bruce.carterRF4AF
238 Views, 3 Replies

Software repository

Does anybody know of a good free software repository that has archived a pre-Autodesk version of Eagle?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
mtl_asm
in reply to: bruce.carterRF4AF

i believe these are still available even on the autodesk site. 

iirc the last pre autodesk version is 7.7

http://eagle.autodesk.com/eagle/software-versions/1

Message 3 of 4

Thanks for this!  I think all of us that used the program got really nervous when Autodesk took it over - these big companies are NEVER good stewards of programs like this.  They think their program solves everybody's needs.  It happened to Pads, it happened to PCAD, now Eagle.  And it screws hundreds of companies the use the program being sunsetted in the process.  Usually for most companies, it is only and annoyance costing thousands of hours of engineering time to convert.  That is expensive enough.  But when agency certifications are involved, the dollar cost goes up exponentially.  I sure wish Autodesk would just public domain Eagle for those of us locked in - and continue selling Fusion.  Oh - but if they public domain Eagle, they think they will lose Fusion sales.  Not really - those people that can't convert never WILL buy Fusion.  How long before Autocad screws over Fusion users with something even newer?  5 years?  10 years?  Our engineering needs are NOT driven by internal Autocad marketing financial goals.

Message 4 of 4
mtl_asm
in reply to: bruce.carterRF4AF

ya i feel like anyone still using eagle has long given up on any enhancements, but like why not just let people pay to maintain? seems absolutely insane to me.

like i pay 500 a year to fund fusion development, but i cant still use eagle after 2026 while doing so? unreal. totally unreal. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report