Community
EAGLE Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s EAGLE Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular EAGLE topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simulation with EAGLE

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
HarrySatt
1080 Views, 4 Replies

Simulation with EAGLE

Hi

I am new to simulation with SPICE coming with EAGLE. What I would need is a way to simulate with an arbitrary signal (CSV format) just like I can do in PCBsim from FELICITAS. (contacting FELICITAS is not easy at the moment)

In SPICE this is done with a PWL source

V1 PlusInt Minus DC 0 PWL ( 0, -0.00239607 , ......

How to accomplish this with EAGLE SPICE (ngspice)

Thanx for help, harald.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
edpataky
in reply to: HarrySatt

Yes you can .. although the user interface does not have any special input for it, PWL is a perfectly valid source value .. just right click on your source part, and select VALUE, and set the value to 

DC <dc value> AC <ac value> PWL(<your pwl values>)

Example: 

Screenshot at Mar 05 13-26-34.png

I will make a note to add PWL to the SourceSetup command interface, but for now you just need to use the VALUE command.  

Message 3 of 5
HarrySatt
in reply to: edpataky

Hi

Maybe you also have a solution for the problem of very long timer range of the PWL values. Meaning thousands. I would like to get rid of the value string in my circuit drawing. See below. It is only part of my PWL.

PWL value in design.jpg

Message 4 of 5
HarrySatt

Hi

Sorry. Found the solution myself. I have to smash the device and set the visibility of the VALUE part of the device. All can be done in INFO.

thanx for help

Message 5 of 5
edpataky

ahh i see you found this out already 🙂 

Yes you can smash the part then set the Display property of the value so it is not visible. 

In fact we already have this planned for a upcoming release so stay tuned.   

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report