Community
EAGLE Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s EAGLE Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular EAGLE topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sharing managed folders for 3D packages

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
gabriel.richoux
196 Views, 0 Replies

Sharing managed folders for 3D packages

Hi,

I have recently updated Eagle to version 9.6 and downloaded Fusion 360. My libraries are on Github, shared within my working team. I am currently adding 3D packages to my projects in order to obtain 3D models of my PCBs, but I encounter an issue.

I follow the method described below to add 3D packages to my libraries :
- Let's suppose I have a .step file containing the 3D package of my component. When it is validated, I add it to a "3D packages" folder on Github to keep track of them.
- From the control panel I open the library containing the component, then I create a managed library
- I click on the component, choose " Used 3D packages ", then add the .step file in the package generator/editor.
- Then I create a new version of library, and copy it from my managed folder to my local library folder and commit/push it to Github.

If I am the only one managing 3D packages, there is no problem.
But if another person in my working team wants to modify 3D packages as well, he cannot see my 3D packages as they seem to still be attached to my own managed folder. I have to share my managed folder in order for them to see/modify them, and here lies the problem. If they modify 3D packages, they will also need to share their managed fodlers with me.

Is the method I am using the correct way to add 3D packages to components ?
Is there another method to add 3D packages that does not require to share each time the managed folders between all members of the team ? (I forgot to mention that each member of my working team has its own Eagle licence)

Thanks.

Regards,

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report