Community
EAGLE Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s EAGLE Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular EAGLE topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restart Autorouter from Scratch

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
danaaknight
845 Views, 2 Replies

Restart Autorouter from Scratch

I do an autoroute, save job, exit Eagle.

Return to do some more work, try to undo ALL routes, and start from scratch, and I cannot

get Eagle to think its starting anew on routing. Screen I get is :

danaaknight_0-1682017417427.png

How do I undo routes after having saved a session and come back another day ?

One other question, in board view, entire board grouped, the only filter selection offered is "None".

Obviously I am missing something....

Regards, Dana.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
mtl_asm
in reply to: danaaknight

I believe this happens because you have not ended the previous job. In the lower right hand corner of the board screen do you see this icon?

mtlasm_0-1682018333041.png

If so it means you are evaluating one of the autoroute results and have not ended the job. 

If you click on that icon you will get something like this

mtlasm_1-1682018467710.png

select end job to end the job and keep whatever you have on the screen,  you will lose access to the other attempted routes from the job. if you click evaluate then you can go back and select a different result from the job.

if you want to start over then just click end job and then either ctrl z or use something like "ripup;" on the command line to ripup all nets.

alternatively you can do this from the auto window you posted by deselecting "Continue existing job"

mtlasm_2-1682018776897.png

and then in the next window, after starting the autorouter, just highlight whatever result you want, then hit "End job" instead of evaluate. this is sort of a weird way to get out of the mode though since you have to wait for it to route again. it is faster to just click the icon described above.

mtlasm_4-1682019008996.png

Message 3 of 3
danaaknight
in reply to: mtl_asm

Thank you so much, up and running.

Regards,m Dana.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report