Community
EAGLE Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s EAGLE Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular EAGLE topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kicad to Eagle Gerber File Format

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
CHAIJZ.21
258 Views, 3 Replies

Kicad to Eagle Gerber File Format

Is there a simple way to convert the gerber files from kicad to eagle?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Hi there. May I ask what exactly you are trying to do? Gerber files are the same in KiCAD and EAGLE :). 

Pieter-Jan Van de Maele
Senior Engineering Manager, Fusion Electronics
Message 3 of 4
CHAIJZ.21
in reply to: CHAIJZ.21

Hi Mr Pieter. I am a student trying to make a bare copper pcb using an lpkf milling machine and I had sent the kicad gerber file to my school's lab supervisor for milling and he told me that lpkf circuit pro software couldn't read my kicad gerber files. I'm not really sure what exactly went wrong. I compared the gerber files and notice that the formatting is different (EAGLE:3.4 and KICAD: 4.6) and also that there is are RS 247X and X2 gerber files I have no idea whether this is relavent.

I might not reply soon after this as it is late in my time zone right now. Sorry.

Message 4 of 4

Hi Mr Pieter. I am a student trying to make a bare copper pcb using an lpkf milling machine and I had sent the kicad gerber file to my school's lab supervisor for milling and he told me that lpkf circuit pro software couldn't read my kicad gerber files. I'm not really sure what exactly went wrong. I compared the gerber files and notice that the formatting is different (EAGLE:3.4 and KICAD: 4.6) and also that there is are RS 247X and X2 gerber files I have no idea whether this is relavent.

I might not reply soon after this as it is late in my time zone right now. Sorry.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report