Community
EAGLE Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s EAGLE Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular EAGLE topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a part that has a couple of mounting holes. How do I get the location of these mounting holes?

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
aaron.lee9E7UX
233 Views, 1 Reply

I have a part that has a couple of mounting holes. How do I get the location of these mounting holes?

The design manager browser tab lets me see all the pin pads of the part but it doesn't show anything for the mounting holes.  The design manager browser shows all the locations of the pins pads but nothing listed for the mounting holes.

I also tried using the "info" button but I can't even select the mounting hole in the PCB editor.  Should be a simple task but why is this so complicated?

How do I select the mounting holes?

How do I find out it's location?

Labels (5)
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

I expect you could obtain the information with a ULP - the part will have a "package" attribute which in turn has a "holes" iterator, and then you can calculate positions in the same way as some of the standard ULPs do for pads.

If this information isn't available from the design manager then it's probably an oversight. Whether it will ever get fixed on Eagle is a thorny question.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report