Community
EAGLE Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s EAGLE Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular EAGLE topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eagle-9.6.2 bugs & requests.

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
Anonymous
436 Views, 0 Replies

eagle-9.6.2 bugs & requests.

Hello,

i found a few "bugs",

- if you stick the schematic editor to the left side of the screen and the pcb editor to the right side of the screen, editing properties of some component via the properties window. if you try to drag the "properties" window via the "title bar" out of the way / view witch eagle 9.2x could, results that you drag the entire  pcb editor on ubuntu and unstick it from the right side the screen. also if you hit the "title" bar by accident, the same thing happens, you detach the parent from it's sticky position.

you can't drag the child windows outside the parent or any!   they are not modeles like on eagle 9.2xx.

make them modeles again, please.

Screenshot from 2020-06-08 01-08-29.png

- if you you copy some "position coordinate" from the properties window to the linux standard calculator, the "floating point" get removed and only the numbers show up in the calculador.

you have the manually insert the comma. witch worked great on eagle 9.2x and the calculator the ubuntu 16.04, but not on ubuntu 20.04.

Screenshot from 2020-06-08 01-10-04.png

what you want and was in the past:

Screenshot from 2020-06-08 01-19-49.png

Eagle would be perfect if you would add the following:

this is handy when you draw footprint from a datasheet, like a via under an angle.

Screenshot from 2020-06-08 01-22-02.png

PJ612A-Datasheet-1024x723.jpg

... and it would also be usefull of you can rotate "line segments" from the center or offset of that segment.

eagle - pot.jpeg

(to create this, it toke me like half a day, but first i had to find out how? .... and lots of calculator work!)

it also is quite a hassle to create a slotted hole under an angle.

as a long time Eagle user, i recently discovered that Kicad has:

Screenshot from 2020-06-08 01-31-01.png

with eagle you have to place a milling /cutout layer on it, 4 coordinates for each via, lot's of calculator work and even more if your via is under an angle.

also:

Screenshot from 2020-06-08 01-22-13.png

this would be really handy if you want to place resistors or capacitors relative to pins of ic's, for example dip packages.

Kind regards

Labels (3)
0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report