Community
EAGLE Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s EAGLE Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular EAGLE topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom Ground plane

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
747 Views, 2 Replies

Custom Ground plane

I want to create a ground plane which can avoid creating useless (very small) areas of ground on the board after commanding ratsnest.
InkedCapture_LI.jpg  
I want it to not create these small areas of ground (marked with green pen) as in the picture. CAN I REMOVE/DELETE THESE PARTICULARLY from GROUND PLANE somehow? 
I tried experimenting by adjusting the width and isolation of the polygon wire but some small areas always exist! 

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
one-of-the-robs
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous

Because your screenshot had most of the layers removed, it's a little hard to tell exactly what's happening. However...

I recommend you turn "orphans" OFF for your ground flood. That will possibly remove more of the islands than you intend but that is because those islands aren't actually providing a ground plane - they're not connected to anything. You can reinstate them by providing a ground via somewhere within them, providing you can route the ground signal to them on at least one layer.

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Rob

Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: one-of-the-robs

Thanks. I had missed the step to name the polygon as GND. That is why they were being created. Sorry for the trouble.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report