Community
EAGLE Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s EAGLE Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular EAGLE topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Common parts missing from library

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
444 Views, 1 Reply

Common parts missing from library

I'm considering moving an existing design over to Eagle from Upverter. The first thing I've checked is the availability of the parts in the library. It looks like these fairly common parts are not available in the Eagle library. Is this correct?

LED RED CLEAR 0603 SMD Lite-On LTST-C193KRKT-2A
LED ORANGE CLEAR 0603 SMD Lite-On LTST-C193KFKT-5A
LED GREEN CLEAR 0603 SMD Lite-On LTST-C193KGKT-5A
Standard Molex 22-05-7025
MICRO USB SMT PLUG Keystone 940
800 mA standalone linear Li-Ion battery charger with thermal regulation STMicroelectronics STBC08

(In addition there are about 6 other, less common parts, that I'll need to add.)

Is there any community contribution going on with the library in Eagle? If I add these parts, can they go in a public but "unverified by Autodesk" part of the library for others to use? If that exists, where can I see those parts?

What is the best way to ask a supplier to add their part to the Eagle library?

Tags (1)
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
AutodeskEagleCad
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm considering moving an existing design over to Eagle from Upverter. The first thing I've checked is the availability of the parts in the library. It looks like these fairly common parts are not available in the Eagle library. Is this correct?

LED RED CLEAR 0603 SMD Lite-On LTST-C193KRKT-2A
LED ORANGE CLEAR 0603 SMD Lite-On LTST-C193KFKT-5A
LED GREEN CLEAR 0603 SMD Lite-On LTST-C193KGKT-5A
Standard Molex 22-05-7025
MICRO USB SMT PLUG Keystone 940
800 mA standalone linear Li-Ion battery charger with thermal regulation STMicroelectronics STBC08

(In addition there are about 6 other, less common parts, that I'll need to add.)

Is there any community contribution going on with the library in Eagle? If I add these parts, can they go in a public but "unverified by Autodesk" part of the library for others to use? If that exists, where can I see those parts?

What is the best way to ask a supplier to add their part to the Eagle library?

Many users give inadequate attention to libraries. Libraries you receive from other sources should not be expected to contain everything you need and more particularly, matching part numbers should never be expected.

Managing and manipulating libraries is at the core of every PCB cad program. A user must become proficient in the management and manipulation of libraries in the particular CAD program to be proficient with the CAD program, and this certainly includes the ability to correctly create new parts using manufacturer's data sheets as the source.

You need a 0603 LED. You can get a 0603 footprint from many sources but expecting it to match a part number which you want to use is an unreasonable expectation. It is very simple to rename or clone a footprint and assign it any name (or part number) you want. Best practices would also include comparing that 0603 footprint to the data sheet for the specific part you intend to use in your design, as not everyone uses the same dimensions for 0603 parts, although they're generally very close.

So I suggest you take a little time to get familiar with how to manage and manipulate components in Eagle libraries. It only takes a little bit of time to become proficient and once you are there, it only takes about one minute or so to clone, modify and manipulate components to meet your needs.

Good luck with your project.

I am not affiliated with Autodesk. I am a subscriber to the professional edition of Eagle and I've used Autodesk products for >20 years. The username displayed is the first half of the e-mail address I use to communicate with this forum, wherein I use (forum.name@mydomain.com) so it lands in my catch-all and I can pinpoint any entity who sells me out to the spam world. 🙂 I hope my contributions benefit others as much as the contributions of others have benefited me. Good luck with your project!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report