Community
EAGLE Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s EAGLE Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular EAGLE topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot move part on board in free edition

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
rwaddell8B5ZS
2410 Views, 3 Replies

Cannot move part on board in free edition

I'm trying to arrange my parts on my board that is only 2.4in2 (1.75" x 1.375"), much less than the maximum board size (12.4in2) for the free edition of Autodesk Eagle, but I get the error "The free edition of EAGLE can't perform the requested action! Some objects extend outside the allowed board area."

What gives? I have a v7 license and I tried to move the parts around with that version and get the same error. This happens regardless of Eagle version or machine.

Autodesk Eagle v8.4.1

Mac OS Mojave v 10.14.6

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Are you using only positive coordinates?

Unfortunately neither of your attachments are any use! We know what the dialog looks like and the result of a print operation eliminates the useful information. Post a screen shot (or, better, a screencast video) of the board editor.

Message 3 of 4

I had temporarily extended the board below (0,0) and forgot about that requirement. I moved everything back to positive coordinates and now all is well. Thanks very much.

Message 4 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: rwaddell8B5ZS

In offline mode my eagle went from premium to free version, this free version didn't allowed me to edit the pcb board. I logged in and it went to normal(back to premium).

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report