Community
EAGLE Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s EAGLE Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular EAGLE topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't use student version of Eagle

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
Anonymous
2245 Views, 10 Replies

Can't use student version of Eagle

Hi all,

I need to use Eagle for a student project, and signed up for a student account through the Education Community section of Autodesk's site using my .edu email. However when I go to the "Profile > Management" section of the site, I don't have any software licenses, let alone Eagle, but rather only the default 6 products that come with a new account. My teammates who signed up had no such problems and this section has all kinds of software for them, but I don't have any of it. I tried contacting support, but the "tier 1" respondent couldn't help me and I ended up getting forwarded to some other team and haven't heard back since. I really don't have time to be waiting around for my ticket to reach the top of the pile; has anyone else on here with a student account run into this before? I found similar threads on here but nothing really helped. Anything would be greatly appreciated!

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
jeffrey.sin
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous,

Welcome to the Community, apologies for any inconvenience.

Could you try visiting our Education Community site, sign in there and download the EAGLE software once again to trigger the creation of your student license? Visit this link: EAGLE - EDU

I hope this helps, let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Jeffrey Sin

Autodesk Customer Support
Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: jeffrey.sin

Hi Jeffrey

I've already done this, but the product never gets added to the Management section of my account, thus isn't actually licensed to me. The "tier 1" support person I mentioned somehow manually obtained both a product number and licences key for me, but never specified what I could do with those to activate my account. I've also read every support document in the knowledge center I could find on the topic but nothing has worked. Here's a screenshot of what the download screen looked like for me. I additionally know it isn't activated since it says "free" and not "premium" in the software window title.

Message 4 of 11
Anonymous

Also here's a screenshot of what my Management section looks like

Message 5 of 11
support.eagle

Hi kylecarson,

We are really sorry for the inconvenience you are experiencing at this time. Please go to the EAGLE control panel and make sure all other EAGLE editors are closed (Board, Schematic, Library, CAM).  From the EAGLE control panel click on File/Sign Out, EAGLE will prompt you to sign back in.  This will force your entitlement to refresh.  Let us know if this works.

Best Regards,

Ed

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: support.eagle

Hi Ed,

Thank you for the advice. I had tried that a few times to no avail. The support I mentioned before got back to me and modified my account so all of the software now shows up. NOW using your advice it works and I have premium access. So to anyone else who finds this later on- make sure you signed up with your .edu account, search the forums here as there are a few similar posts that had solutions that helped some but not me, and read the knowledge database. If none of that works, then I guess just reach out to support (specifically the Eagle support) Thanks for the help all

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous

Hi,

i'm having the same issue. Any update on how to fix this or do i have to contact support?

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous

It worked after logging out and in again today. The server were probably not synced when i tried yesterday.

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous

Hi!

I also can't use the student licence.

I registered with my educational email adress ( @tuwien.ac.at ) and logged in and out again but i still only have FREE licence available.

Any tips?

Message 10 of 11
one-of-the-robs

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi!

I also can't use the student licence.

@I registered with my educational email adress ( @tuwien.ac.at ) and logged in and out again but i still only have FREE licence available.

Any tips?

Wait a bit and try again. The registration process takes more time than many people in this highly interconnected age are willing to allow for. It's as if there's a manual intervention required somewhere at Autodesk...

Message 11 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: one-of-the-robs

I now have the full licence.

Although I'm not sure if it was waiting over night that helped, or that I reinstalled EAGLE because of the update to 8.6.3.

Anyhow it's working now. Thanks!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report