Community
EAGLE Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s EAGLE Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular EAGLE topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autorouter selective routing

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
pmoulder78
4045 Views, 6 Replies

Autorouter selective routing

Hi

two questions.

1.  Is there a way to exclude a particular net class from the autorouter?

I want to be able to autoroute everything except the GND net.

2.  Is there a way to save a number of different net classes so they are default, so that they are pre-loaded when i start a new schematic??

Many thanks

Phil

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
rachaelATWH4
in reply to: pmoulder78

@pmoulder78 wrote:

1.  Is there a way to exclude a particular net class from the autorouter?

I want to be able to autoroute everything except the GND net.

From the EAGLE help (i.e. help auto):

The AUTO command activates the integrated Autorouter. If signal names are specified or signals are selected with the mouse, only these signals are routed. Without parameters the command will try to route all signals. If a "!" character is specified all signals are routed except the signals following the "!" character. The "!" character must be the first parameter and must show up only once.

The LOAD and SAVE options can be used to load the Autorouter parameters from or save them to the given file. If filename doesn't have the extension ".ctl" it will be appended automatically.

Without any parameters (or if no terminating ';' is given), the AUTO command opens a dialog in which the parameters that control the routing algorithm can be configured. The special option FOLLOWME opens this dialog in a mode where only the parameters controlling the Follow-me router can be modified.

Example

AUTO ! GND VCC;

@pmoulder78 wrote:

2.  Is there a way to save a number of different net classes so they are default, so that they are pre-loaded when i start a new schematic??

You could write the class information into a .scr file (see: help class) and run that when you load a new schematic run that script. Alternative you could run that script from within your eagle.scr. I'm not sure net classes is something you would necessarily want to set for all designs by default unless all your designs were very formulaic so had exactly the same requirements so I guess you could have a few scripted sets and then run the appropriate one when you start a new design.

Best Regards,

Rachael

Message 3 of 7
pmoulder78
in reply to: rachaelATWH4

Thanks Rachel,

I have managed to route everything except the gnd net which i wanted to handle with a polygon GND copper pour.  I seem to have a number of unrouted airwires remaining despite the fact that the GND connected pads are run to GND via the polygon.

Shall i ignore the stray airwires or is there a way tho verify that they are all actually connected to the GND copper pour??

Thanks

Message 4 of 7
rachaelATWH4

@pmoulder78 wrote:

Thanks Rachel,

I have managed to route everything except the gnd net which i wanted to handle with a polygon GND copper pour.  I seem to have a number of unrouted airwires remaining despite the fact that the GND connected pads are run to GND via the polygon.

Shall i ignore the stray airwires or is there a way tho verify that they are all actually connected to the GND copper pour??

Thanks

If you hit the ratsnest button what does the status give at the end? It'll say how many airwires are remaining. If it is showing airwires then they are genuine not connected nets and need to be investigated and resolved. If they look like they should be connecting then maybe there is some other issue. You should rune ERC and DRC to ensure there are no errors shown there too. If you can pop up an image of what you are seeing with the remaining airwires that might help.

Best Regards,

Rachael

Message 5 of 7
pmoulder78
in reply to: rachaelATWH4

Hmmm...I Might have to get back to you on this one.  I tried to re run the auto router but now it wont run more than 4 variants even on high effort.  confused!!

Message 6 of 7
pmoulder78

Ok, looks like that sorts it.

Thanks for your help Rachel 🙂

Message 7 of 7
rachaelATWH4

@pmoulder78 wrote:

Ok, looks like that sorts it.

Thanks for your help Rachel 🙂

You're welcome 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report