Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Community
EAGLE Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s EAGLE Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular EAGLE topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

airwires don't match schematic

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
zenworksengineer
347 Views, 2 Replies

airwires don't match schematic

I am modifying an existing successful design that I created in Eagle.

I have added one diode in the schematic and placed it on the board.

The problem is that both airwires connect to one end of the diode, even though the pads are labelled correctly. Everything has been saved and Eagle says that the board and schematic are consistent.

I can't route the airwires automatically because one of them is simply in the wrong place. Routing them manually leaves the airwires in place, and I have to approve the errors. There is no accidental connection between the two ends of the diode.

I added a component in another part of the board about six months ago with no problems.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Rip up the tiny fragment of route under the connector pin and do a fresh ratsnest.

I suspect what's happened is that you added the diode to the schematic in a way that temporarily connected the two ends together before splitting the net (this is normal if you place a new component onto an existing net then delete the unwanted bit between its pins). Unfortunately, this resulted in a disconnect of both ends of the existing route on the board, leaving just a tiny fragment of the wrong net (the bit between resistor and diode) under the pad of the connector.

Message 3 of 3

Thats fixed it.

Many thanks.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report