Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Community
Dynamic Blocks Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why my grip is rotating?

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
fernanda_grubler
216 Views, 2 Replies

Why my grip is rotating?

Hi everyone!
I have simple stretch parameters added to these blocks and sometimes, only sometimes, the width grip rotates when I increase the length. When I try to use the rotated width grip, it seems to be in 3d, but it isn't.
When in the original position the grips work well, and the issue is only with the width one.

I have tried to flatten the blocks already, it does nothing. 

The exact same block is in one specific file (unfortunately confidential) and works fine, but anywhere else this issue occurs (not always) as you can see in the image below.

fernanda_grubler_0-1715797530378.png

I have several other blocks with those options and never experienced that. Any idea how to solve that?

Tags (2)
Labels (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

The basepoint parameter is messing it up.  Delete that parameter and move the contents of the block such that the location where that basepoint parameter was is now at 0,0, the insertion point of the block.  Fix up any displaced parameter locations and stretch action selection areas.  It works fine after that.

File attached.

Mark Mccall 
CAD Mangler

Hammer Land Engineering

Linkedin

Message 3 of 3

Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

AutoCAD Inside the Factory

Autodesk Design & Make Report