Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Community
Dynamic Blocks Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Visibility States - Methods for User Input

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
477 Views, 4 Replies

Visibility States - Methods for User Input

Attached, I have created 2 blocks that change visibility based on the user selecting the drawing sheet they reside in. I created these by making a new state, leaving all visibility existing objects unchanged, making invisible the numbers that should change by sheet, and inserting the correct numbers that correspond to the desired sheet. If there is a more efficient method to handle this, the info would be greatly appreciated.

The result is, the user would select from a drop down window of each sheet, but depending on how many options there are, the menu requires scrolling and is overall not ideal. Is there a way for the user to input a numeric value for the sheet number and have it update to the correct visibility state?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Libbya
in reply to: Anonymous

It might have been easier to set up the block with attributes for the numbers that change.  You would then need only one visibility state and one set of attributes.  The switch would then occur with a lookup (and regen) or a block properties table (no need for lookup).

For numeric input to change the visibility state, you can use add a linear parameter along with a lookup and double-lookup for switching.  See screencast.

Message 3 of 5
Libbya
in reply to: Libbya

Here's another screencast that adds an increment to the linear parameter and makes it so the grip does not move.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Libbya

Thank you so much for your help with this issue Libbya. I haven't been able to get back to this for some time, but with your videos I am sure I can create a solution for this issue. The main hurdle I am trying to overcome is the differences between your version of AutoCAD and mine. I am running 2014 which appears to not have the double lookup parameter. There's probably a way around this that I have yet to quite work out.

The other method you mentioned about changing the values to attributes and then using a lookup table was also a more efficient method of creating what I had already done. 

Message 5 of 5
Libbya
in reply to: Anonymous

The double-lookup does not exist in any version of autocad.  You need to make it.  See this link:

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/dynamic-blocks/how-to-make-a-double-lookup/m-p/5785708#M18799

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

AutoCAD Inside the Factory

Autodesk Design & Make Report