Did you mean: 

Vicinity Map

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
DRStandrich
516 Views, 3 Replies

Vicinity Map

DRStandrich_0-1630015633890.png

I want to redo this vicinity map as a dynamic block. I can do all of the visual states that I want. I do not have any issues doing that. What I need help with is the original city limits drawings/blocks are at full size, state plain coordinates. I would like to keep them that way somehow so when I need to update them I can just replace them and update the block. BUT, I want the actual vicinity block to be approx. 6"X5" when inserted on a title sheet. (I don't want everyone to have to scale it. Would the best way to make this be make a new drawing (the vicinity dwg) and insert each citry limit file into it and scale them on inserting them so that I am the only one doing the scaling when updating the block? Thanks for any help!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
hwalker
in reply to: DRStandrich

Stick a viewport on your title sheet of 6"x5" then go into that viewport and use "Z" for zoom and then "O" for object and select your block. It will now fill your viewport. Come out of the viewport and then lock it.

Howard Walker
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Message 3 of 4
DRStandrich
in reply to: hwalker

I forgot to mention that I need this to be in the sheet as an xref. So anytime this block (drawing) is updated it will be updated on the titlesheet. I just got to thinking, if I place it in a title sheet and already have it scaled, then no one shold have it scaled different. Can an xref'd drawing still be a dynamic block? I don't think so but thought I would ask.

Message 4 of 4
hwalker
in reply to: DRStandrich

Any changes made to an xref'd drawing will be reflected in the other drawing.

No an attached xref drawing will not be dynamic.

Howard Walker
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Customer Advisory Groups

”Boost