Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Community
Dynamic Blocks Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tool palette no longer bringing in the correct blocks

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
Anonymous
808 Views, 9 Replies

Tool palette no longer bringing in the correct blocks

When I try to bring in my dynamic blocks from the tool pallet I created it will bring in the first block correctly and then it will bring in that same block over and over again (it even opens up in the block editor as the wrong block) but the layers and attributes of correct block will come in. I have checked the files and they are correct and the thumbnail images are also correct. I have deleted and recreated the pallet and the non dynamic blocks come in correctly. It only does it to the dynamic blocks not the static blocks in the palette. i Attached images of what it is doing. These are three different blocks.

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

TP does not replace block definitions that already exist in your DWG file: is that the problem, you edited the dynblock at the source and trying to replace?

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

I have been testing it out in fresh drawings without any blocks defined. The tool palette used to work just fine it only started recently that when I bring in a block even in a fresh drawing it will start to copy the first block no matter which one I bring in. The attributes and layers remain the same but the symbol will be incorrect.

Message 4 of 10
ToanDN

Right click on the tool in the palette and Redefine.
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: ToanDN

When I right click in the tool palette there is no redefine option for the blocks. I tried in both 2019 and 2020.

Message 6 of 10
ToanDN

Right click on a specific tool, not the palette.  It will override the definition of the existing blocks in your current drawing with that of the block defined in the palette.

Annotation 2019-12-30 113545.jpg

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous

When I right click the block this is the menu it gives me.

Message 8 of 10
ToanDN

Looks like it is a specific tool of a vertical such as AutoCAD Electrical, not a vanilla block insertion tool. Click on Properties and show what you got.
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous

Annotation 2019-12-30 115122.png

Message 10 of 10
ToanDN

Well then it is actually a normal block so I have no idea why Redefine command is not shown. Maybe you need to repair AutoCAD.

Yours has a few extra options so I think the tool is indeed from a vertical product.

Annotation 2019-12-30 121606.jpg

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

AutoCAD Inside the Factory

Autodesk Design & Make Report