Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Community
Dynamic Blocks Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

toggle visibility on/off for profile

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
566 Views, 2 Replies

toggle visibility on/off for profile

Hey all,

is there a possibility to toggle the visibility for objects in a dynamic block? Like there is a rectangle-shapedn profile and one can attach another profile to each corner (See screeshot).

i know i can set the visibility states for the whole block, but that would be around 70 states. Profile.png

What i want is some option to select one profile by another independetly to make them visible.

Thanks in advance!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
antcav501
in reply to: Anonymous

70 Visibility States would definitely take some time to go through and create.  If you were to make those Visibility States then you could create a "Block Properties Table" which would allow you to create drop down, and sub-drop down menus which would allow you to select the options you want your block to display, but still this would mean creating the 70 Visibility States.

I know what you are trying to accomplish here, I just have never dealt with that many Visibility States for a Dynamic Block. I'll see what I can come up with.

Message 3 of 3
Libbya
in reply to: Anonymous

I've done several blocks with more than 70 states.  After creating the various linework, turning on/off the linework for the various states does not take long.  

Give a better description of the desired functionality and actually post the block file instead of a picture and I'll work up an example or two.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

AutoCAD Inside the Factory

Autodesk Design & Make Report