Did you mean: 

Stretch and Rotate from Insert Point

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
544 Views, 5 Replies

Stretch and Rotate from Insert Point

I can't seem to find an answer regarding the issue I'm having so hopefully just posting the block will help. I'd like to rotate and stretch the attached block based on the insert point and have a break symbol centered between the two parts. The block almost works, but I'm running into the issue of the break line floating away when rotating.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Libbya
in reply to: Anonymous

The problem is that the polar stretch combines both a stretch and a rotate to the object.  When you add the stretch action to the center of the same object that has already been rotated, the stretch is incorrect and skews the polyline.  The best fix I know of is a bit complicated.  Add chained gripless point/stretches to the vertices of the polyline.  Use polar stretch appropriately on the chained point/stretches and not the polyline.  There is no reason for the main poloar parameter to be chained and there is no need for the base point parameter.  See screencast.

Message 3 of 6
Libbya
in reply to: Libbya

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

Libbya,

Thanks for the screencast! Upon looking at it closer, I was actually able to make it work with a regular stretch and rotation actions. I've attached the block if you'd like to take a look!

Message 5 of 6
Libbya
in reply to: Anonymous

Yes, I have long known that the stretch and rotate separately will work without issue but you posted the polar which complicates the motion and as far as I know requires the solution I posted.  

Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

Ahh. I've never used polar stretches before... Guess I should have just stuck to what I know! Haha

Thanks again for your help and insight! 😁

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Customer Advisory Groups

”Boost