Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Round Diffuser dynamic block issues

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
1535 Views, 5 Replies

Round Diffuser dynamic block issues

I am trying to create a dynaic block for our gym supply round diffuser. In my mind, I know what I wan the block to be able to do, but I don't think that the dynamic block will cover all of my options.

The round diffuser will consist of an inner circle representing the neck of the diffuser and an outer circle representing the O.D. of the diffuser. The inner and outer circle need to be broken as the supply duct crosses above it. This is where I am running into the problem, breaking the two circles. The supply duct passing over and feeding the diffusers will vary from job to job, so the break needs to react to the width of the duct. I have attached a dwg that shows a couple of examples of the round diffusers drawn as they would look on the drawings. Is a dynamic block able to accomplish this? I would like a block that will allow you to select the neck size of the diffuser, which in turn determines the OD. Then I want to be able to select the supply duct size and have the neck and OD circle break at the appropriate points. Any help or nudge in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks, Jason
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

How many duct sizes do you need?

Thomas
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous

In theroy, we would like unlimited options of duct sizes, because each job can require different air volumes. In actual practice, we may be able to get away with only a couple options, but I was trying to stay away from too many visibility options.
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

My initial thought is that you could have an incrimental stretch for the width of the duct. Then you only have a visibility for either half or full crossing.

Making the lines break is another ball of wax.

For the 46" in your example, does the interior white broken line stop inside the interior circle as the outer edge of the duct expands past that width?

Another question, what are the min and max sizes for the duct?

Fiddling with this today when I get time...
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous

Micahsa,
First of all, thanks for your help. I greatly appreciate it since this is driving me nuts. Your first thought is along the same line of thought that I had. I can set up the duct width with an incremental stretch, setting the min duct width at 20" (since this is the smallest ceiling diffuser neck that we use. I would set the max. duct width up around 66" since we hardly use a duct bigger than that. Then I get to the line breaking. Not sure how to accomplish this at all.

To answer your question about the interior white broken line, yes it stops at the interior circle. This the the symbol we use for the neck of the diffuser coming out the bottom of the duct.

Thanks again for any insight you can provide and thanks for your time.
Jason
Message 6 of 6
es-mostafabakir234

TANK YOU

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Customer Advisory Groups

”Boost