Did you mean: 

Rotate, angle, and hatch detach from dynamic block drawing

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
MarkVerbs
260 Views, 7 Replies

Rotate, angle, and hatch detach from dynamic block drawing

I have a spray head that has different throw lengths and varying angles. After inserting the block a few times the hatch starts to disassociate with the bounding lines. I am going to need to have a large number of these blocks per drawing and would like to see the hatch area that each head covers. 

The other issue is that the attribute rotate does not rotate the hatch and jumps off the line it should be attached to. Also the attribute rotate only will rotate other grips on occasion. This makes using the block very cumbersome therefore I seek help to resolve said issues.

Can someone help me figure this out?

I have attached an example of what happens when it messes up for me.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
j.palmeL29YX
in reply to: MarkVerbs

I think the problem is caused by the mix of Dynamic Parameters/Actions (Rotate) and constraints. As a first step I deleted your Rotation Parameter and Rotate Action and substituted by an Angular Constraint Parameter. 

Test the attached suggestion. I'm not sure what you want to achieve. And check the values in the Block Property Table. 

Jürgen Palme
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 8
MarkVerbs

Thank you for checking this out. For some reason, when I test what you did (which is a simple fix to the problem (I wish I would have thought of it first)) though the first Angular Constraint Parameter(ACP) doesn't always keep its location on that line. Just found that I can get the first ACP back on its line when putting the second ACP at 180 degrees. To reset the first ACP every time it goes off, is near negating the efficiency as the angles can be based off of preexisting curved lines. What step am I missing to correct that one?

Message 4 of 8
MarkVerbs

I guess I didn't thoroughly through what had changed. I just saw that a polyline was placed in for the hatch. It works great for most of the visibility layers. I have one layer that is a bit different that has a varying ability to change it throw length (5000 visibility layer). Do I need to make a polyline for that one also?
Message 5 of 8
j.palmeL29YX

@MarkVerbs wrote:

... the first Angular Constraint Parameter(ACP) doesn't always keep its location on that line. 

Please test the modified attempt "irrigation head - pa1", if it works more stable. 

And yes, (even if I don't really understand your question) for hatching I always prefer a closed object whenever possible. 

Jürgen Palme
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 6 of 8
MarkVerbs
in reply to: j.palmeL29YX

That seems to have fixed the issue. How did you do that? So far the hatch issue seems to be working as it is a closed polyline.

Message 7 of 8
j.palmeL29YX

@MarkVerbs wrote:

How did you do that? 

In the fist attempt I picked two lines to create the ACP1. 

Old.png

In the modified version I drew an additional arc (constrained to the two lines) and picked this arc for the ACP.  

New.png

Jürgen Palme

EESignature

Message 8 of 8
MarkVerbs

Thank you so much for all your help! This has been holding me back for a few months now. I thought I was having computer hardware issues!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Customer Advisory Groups

”Boost