Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Community
Dynamic Blocks Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Programmatically change the visibility state of a Block?

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
nshupeFMPE3
270 Views, 0 Replies

Programmatically change the visibility state of a Block?

Hello, I'm still fairly new to AutoCAD programming, and AutoCAD in general. 

My use case is we have create zones in a home and we have zone markers. Right now we have 15 such markers that aren't blocks, just simple circles and numbers. 

I would like to 
1. Condense these into one block with drop down to be able to select the zone number
    I already started doing this with the block editor creating a set of visibility states. When the zone number changes, so does the color of the circle and text

2. Have an attribute that is either true or false

Ideally I would like to be able to change the zone number using our plugin, which is in C#. Can I have an attribute be the zone number, which then drives the change in color for the circle around the marker?

So far I was able to create a block with a block table that has all  the combo's of zone number and true or false state. So far what I've made could be used for our needs, but I'm trying to look ahead to something that I can get data from and change programmatically. 

Thank you for any help!

Labels (4)
0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

AutoCAD Inside the Factory

Autodesk Design & Make Report