Community
Dynamic Blocks Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pre-loading a block with annotation scale options?

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
akitchensZEZPR
261 Views, 4 Replies

Pre-loading a block with annotation scale options?

I am trying to convert our blocks so that they work with the annotation scale feature. I think I have it mostly figured out, however...

If I insert the block, I have to THEN go into Properties and assign the block with several annotion scale options. This way if I change the drawing scale, it will automatically change the scale of the block. This works fine, however if I insert the SAME block again, those annotative scale options are not there and I have to go into Properties for EACH one that I insert and add the options again.

I have a strong feeling that there's a better way, I just can't find it in any Google search. I want the various annotation scale options to automatically be applied to the block so that when I insert it, it will already have those options available. I poked around in Block Editor but I couldn't find where this would be added to the original block.

(We will be using a lisp routine to insert the block, so if I need to, I could add a few lines to the insert command if it's not possible to make this a permanent part of the block definition.)

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
hwalker
in reply to: akitchensZEZPR

Edit the block and add the annotation scales in there.

Don't forget to save the block in a "container drawing" where it is easily accessible so you don't have to do it all over again

Howard Walker
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Message 3 of 5
akitchensZEZPR
in reply to: hwalker

Thank you for your quick answer! I figured it was something simple like that. The original block was in a seperate dwg but I was trying to edit it in our template drawing because I was following along with a YouTube video on how to create annotative blocks. Thanks for the help!

Message 4 of 5

I just realized that if you turn on Annotation Autoscale, then any scale gets added to any block automatically when you change the drawing scale! There is a toggle button for this in the toolbar, or you can type ANNOAUTOSCALE and set it to "4". I never knew what that button was for. I have added this variable to our LISP command we use for inserting the block.

I just thought I would come back and add this here, in case someone finds this thread in a Google search. The problem sort of solves itself once you have that button toggled on.

Message 5 of 5
hwalker
in reply to: akitchensZEZPR

The problem with toggling that button is it adds any annotation scale to ALL objects.

If you don't want the scale to be in certain blocks you have to delete it from the blocks

Howard Walker
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Customer Advisory Groups

”Boost