Did you mean: 

Positioning Dimensions with Multiple Annotation Scales

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
644 Views, 2 Replies

Positioning Dimensions with Multiple Annotation Scales

I have a dynamic block with dimensions associated with it. The dimensions have multiple annotation scales: 1:2 and 1:4.

If I add the Dynamic Block at 1:2 annotation scale and then resize the block, the 1:2 based dimensions move properly as the block stretches:

acad_2016-11-08_12-53-22.png

However after that if I switch the Model Space to 1:4 annotation scale the 1:4 dimension is back in it's original position:

acad_2016-11-08_13-09-43.png

Is it possible to have the text size change with the annotation scale but lock the dimension position so that when the dynamic block scales the dimension, the dimension at both annotation scales changes?

E.g. so that when I switch to 1:4 scale the result is more like:

acad_2016-11-08_13-27-29.png

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Libbya
in reply to: Anonymous

Whenever asking a question you should always attach the file/block that you are asking about.

When you use a stretch action, it changes it for only the current anno scale.  When you use a move action it changes it for all scales.  Did you stretch rather than move the dimension?

Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Libbya

Thanks for the response, that is the solution.

I was using a STRETCH action on the dimensions to position them with the rest of the block. Switching to a MOVE action solves the problem, it makes the block messier, but gets me the results I need.

Thanks a lot, I will attach the files next time. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report