Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Community
Dynamic Blocks Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parameter's not scaling properly

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
476 Views, 3 Replies

Parameter's not scaling properly

This is my first Dynamic block and I almost have it the way I want it (besides the text not changing alignment on flip but from what I'm reading that's not doable.)

My main issue is when I use the lookup table to scale my block (I have 3 values for different scales based on viewport/paperspace), the grips for my other items are scaling improperly.

I've tried adding point/move parameters/actions for these but I couldn't get that one working either.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Tags (3)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Libbya
in reply to: Anonymous

I'm not sure what you are referring to.  Your grip locations are all scaling in the manner I would expect.  You say grips (plural) are scaling improperly but the only one that seems out of place at the 1/4 and 1/8 scales is the rotation grip.  To fix that so it maintains the same relationship to the rest of the block, you should understand that the grip moves based on changes to the parameter.  You have the rotation grip offset from the rotation parameter 9/128 so when the rotation parameter is scaled, that 9/128 offset is maintained.  If you want the rotation parameter grip to stay in its location relative to the other items in the block, then set the grip at the same radius as the parameter and change BOTH the parameter and grip location to what is desired. 

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Libbya

Wow thank you so much - that makes so much sense!

The other one I was talking about was the flip/mirror parameter but, following your advice for the rotation, I adjusted the location of the flip line and now that grip scales properly as well!

Message 4 of 4
Libbya
in reply to: Anonymous

After posting I noticed the flip grip also.  Yes, the same rule applies.  Glad you got that sorted as well.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

AutoCAD Inside the Factory

Autodesk Design & Make Report