Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Community
Dynamic Blocks Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving A Block From File to File

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
1408 Views, 3 Replies

Moving A Block From File to File

Hello,

I am a beginner with AutoCAD. I am working on creating a block that is able to move across multiple .dwg files that are various scales. I have a block that was created in a 1:1 scaled portrait sheet. I have been trying to get it to scale correctly on a 1:8 portrait sheet and will need to work for many other scales. I have been trying to use the DWGUNITS command because I previously found something online saying that might work, but have had no success. The block is still appearing very small. Can you help me out with something that might work?

Thank you

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
lakshmankumar.satya
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

Use Wblock for that block in that select your Block and save it.After saving the block open the drawing which you want to insert that block.In that use insert command in that window browse the block where you saved.Cross check the scale specify on screen and insert that block on to the file.First specify the insertion point and then specify the scale as per your requirment.

Message 3 of 4
dmfrazier
in reply to: Anonymous

"Can you help me out with something that might work?"

If I understand your description, it sounds like you are looking for information about how to make a block annotative.

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/learn-explore/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Making-e...

For more information about annotative concepts, see your product Help or search the KnowledgeBase:

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/search?search=how%20to%20make%20annotative%20block&sort=score

Message 4 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: lakshmankumar.satya

This worked great for me. Thank you for your help

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

AutoCAD Inside the Factory

Autodesk Design & Make Report